My Data Analyst Learning Roadmap
Introduction to My Data Analytics Journey
Hi everyone! š I’m Shama, and this blog marks the beginning of my journey to becoming a Data Analyst.
I’ve always been curious about how data turns into insights that drive real-world decisions — from predicting trends to improving business performance. So, I decided to document my learning path step by step, sharing everything I learn along the way: tools, skills, mini projects, and reflections.
If you’re also starting your journey in data analytics, I hope this blog helps you learn with me. š±
š My Data Analyst Skills Roadmap
Here’s the list of skills and tools I’ll be learning (and blogging about) in the coming weeks and months.
š Phase 1: Foundations
Goal: Understand what data analysis is and build a strong base.
-
What is Data Analytics?
-
Understanding Data Types and the Data Lifecycle
-
Learning Excel for Data Cleaning & Basic Analysis
-
Introduction to Statistics – Mean, Median, Mode, Correlation, etc.
š Blog idea: “How I Started Learning Excel for Data Analysis”
š Phase 2: Databases & Queries
Goal: Learn how data is stored and accessed.
-
What is a Database?
-
Introduction to SQL (Structured Query Language)
-
Writing Queries to Filter, Sort, and Join Data
-
Real-world SQL Exercises
š Blog idea: “My First SQL Queries: How I Pulled Insights from a Database”
š Phase 3: Programming & Data Handling
Goal: Use programming to handle, clean, and analyze large datasets.
-
Learning Python for Data Analysis
-
Libraries: pandas, numpy, matplotlib
-
Cleaning and Transforming Data
-
Creating Visualizations with Python
š Blog idea: “Getting Started with Python for Data Analysis – My First Project”
š Phase 4: Visualization & Storytelling
Goal: Learn to communicate insights effectively.
-
Tools: Power BI or Tableau
-
Building Interactive Dashboards
-
Telling Stories with Data Visuals
š Blog idea: “How I Built My First Dashboard in Power BI”
š Phase 5: Projects & Portfolio
Goal: Apply all skills to real data problems.
-
Finding Free Datasets
-
Building and Showcasing Projects
-
Creating a Portfolio on GitHub
-
Sharing on LinkedIn and Getting Feedback
š Blog idea: “My First Data Analysis Project – What I Learned”
✨ My Plan
Each week, I’ll focus on one skill or tool, share what I’ve learned, post examples, and talk about challenges and tips that helped me improve.
This blog will grow as I grow — one dataset, one skill, and one insight at a time.
Stay tuned and follow along with my journey! šŖ
Comments
Post a Comment